System or Application evolves as per time. Things CHANGE and we need to adapt based on the changes. It is all about delivering desired outcome to customers by accommodating changes. Significant aspect of Agile is Team work and collaboration. It is no BIG BANG but it is an iterative / incremental approach. It is an umbrella term that includes many methodologies such as SCRUM, Extreme Programming, etc. It is more about approach while Scrum is an implementation.
Following are some articles in Agile Series you may like:
Agile: Group of Software development methods in which requirements and solution evolve through collaboration between self organizing and cross functional team
Scrum: Iterative and Incremental agile Software development framework
Kanban: Manages knowledge work without overloading team
How it Works?
- A product owner creates a prioritized task lists named product backlog. A product owner is responsible for the Project.
- In sprint planning meeting, all stakeholders / teams filter out few tasks to accomplish in the current sprint. Number of tasks are dependent on the velocity or capability of a team plus duration of sprint. It is called Sprint backlog.
- Sprint Duration is of 2-4 weeks.
- All team members meet daily for 15 minutes stand-up meeting where they provide status in brief. It is called Daily Scrum.
- Scrum Master facilitates the process and not act as PM.
- At the end of sprint, application is demonstrated to customer and feedback is taken.
- Once demo is over, sprint review and retrospective meeting is held to discuss about inhibitors.
- Again, it is a time for sprint planning meeting and rest of the activities follows in iterative manner.
In case of Scrum, it is features focused and after each sprint, specific set of features are implemented and delivered to customer.
Application is always delivered in a way where small chunks are delivered and that to based on priority. What it means? It means that critical features gets priority and can be implemented in Sprint 1 or 2 and thus we decide to provide customer what is require more rapidly and based on significance.
Free Agile Scrum Cheat Sheet & Handbook:
Labels: Agile, Devops